Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
At Emerge Medical & Well Spa we are proud to include Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy in our services. True to our beliefs of we must try as providers to fully understand the benefits. Many of the Emerge Staff members became true believers after our initial treatment. What a difference! We are so excited to offer the same benefits to you too.
Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy is based on 34 years of documented research to ensure the safety and standard of care for all patients. Please call our medical well spa in Tulsa to schedule your initial blood test in order to determine whether you are a candidate for pellet therapy. An initial blood draw will be required prior to receiving your therapy. It will take 7-10 days to receive your lab results in order to have your first consultation with our physician.
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Facts
- When significant health safety concerns arose in 2002 for women using synthetic hormone replacement therapy (HRT), millions stopped taking it. Patients and physicians alike began to search for alternatives.
- After the shocking results of the Women’s Health Initiative study, a large number of physicians turned to Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy although many of them lacked the background, training or expertise in the field. While these doctors are good at prescribing the right kind of hormone (bio-identical), they often fail to actually balance a patient’s hormones—something that is vital to good health and well-being.
- Other bio-identical delivery methods, i.e. creams, pills, injections and even micronized capsules cannot provide a steady stream of hormone in your bloodstream twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. That means you are still subject to a roller coaster ride of hormone levels. And even though patches do provide a constant stream of hormone, they have to be changed often. And then there’s that sticky adhesive issue to deal with…
- Emerge has partnered with BioTE® Medical, a company committed to providing the highest standard of patient care. The BioTE® Method of Natural Hormone Balance is based upon 34 years of documented research to ensure the safety and standard of care for all patients. BioTE® Medical requires the highest efficacy in ALL of their products, including estradiol and testosterone pellets. BioTE® Medical holds national contracts with two compounding pharmacies that provide pellets that are developed specifically to match our individualized hormone doses.
What are the signs and symptoms of low testosterone in men?
A low level of testosterone in a man means more than just a low sex drive or erectile dysfunction (ED). Symptoms consistent with low testosterone are:
- Low sex drive
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Chronic fatigue
- Loss of muscle mass
- Increased body fat (especially in the waist area)
- Decreased bone mass
- Mood changes
- Lower mental capacity
- Brain Fog
Additionally, studies have shown there are some conditions that are consistent with low levels of testosterone including:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Alcohol use
- High Cholesterol
What are the signs and symptoms of hormonal imbalance in women?
There are a variety of symptoms from hormone imbalance in women including:
- Night Sweats
- Hot flashes
- Decreased sex drive
- Weight gain
- Cold hands and feet
If your menstrual cycle has stopped before menopause, or if you are experiencing this or any other symptom of menopause, you may have low estradiol. An increase in UTIs, depression or painful intercourse may also indicate low estradiol in women.
I can identify with these symptoms, what do I do next? How do I get started?
Schedule an office visit with Emerge Medical and Well Spa to test your current hormone levels. Based on your comprehensive consultation and thorough blood work panel, our providers will determine if you are a candidate for BioTE pellet therapy. Your provider will schedule a quick follow-up appointment for your pellet therapy insertion.
About BioTE Medical
BioTE Medical offers bio-identical hormone replacement therapy in the form of subcutaneous pellets. With more than 750,00 insertions performed in the company’s history, we’ve seen many lives changed with optimized hormones. If any of the hormone imbalance symptoms mentioned above ring a bell for you or remind you of someone you love, BioTE Medical encourages you to begin your journey to wellness today.